Monday, August 23, 2010

Still pregnant...

Today is my first day of maternity leave. Do not be fooled, I am still pregnant. It is 5 days past my due date. I find that funny because of all the people who took one look at me and said "You ain't gonna make it." Well, my son is showing no signs of vacating this apparently hospitable environment, so on Wednesday we're serving him an eviction notice. In the form of a shot of pitocin and roughly 12 hours of labor. I'm being induced. And not a moment too soon, I look like I'm about to tip over. I'm afraid that if he stays in there much longer I'm going to get an e-mail soon (lets face it, kids don't write letters anymore) that says "Hey mom! I'm just hanging out here in your ribcage! I'm not dropping down anytime soon so you're just going to have to suck it up and keep being uncomfortable. P.S. Your uterus is super comfy. How long can I stay? Love, Grant"

So, at almost 41 weeks pregnant I'm sitting here with a computer on my not-so-spacious lap eagerly awaiting the arrival of our son. I feel pretty confindent that he won't make his appearance until Wednesday when we kick him out. But I will sit here and continue to field phone calls and e-mails from anxious friends and family members wondering if I've felt the slightest twinge of a contraction. And text messages from my very sweet husband (roughly every two hours) that say "U ok?" Love him :)
Almost 40 weeks pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. good luck on those faux-tractions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! i need to get back to my blog. i just checked it and can't believe i haven't updated it in almost a year!! you have inspired me. we can blog together :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...