It's so hard to believe that this grown up guy, who was once my tiny baby, is going to be two years old in just three short months. He is such a toddler these days and growing more every day. I know my monthly posts are getting slightly redundant...even for me. So this is going to be mostly pictures with a list of what's going on with Grant.
- Weight is around 26 lbs I think. I got Grant to stand on the bathroom scale long enough for it to actually read a weight. As to how accurate it is...well, I know that when I step on it it's usually off by about 20-30 pounds.
- Food favs: mac & cheese is #1 always (for any meal, really); for breakfast it's pancakes and waffles; banana is his favorite fruit but apples are a close second; he loves to snack on graham crackers and cheezits. He seems to think veggies are made of poison because he won't touch them anymore.
- Clothes: he's finally moving more into size 18 month clothes (which means he can wear most of his new summer clothes now!) but can still wear quite a few of his size 12 month shorts (some are too short for his looong legs). Still in 24 month/2T t-shirts.
- Sleeps well at night most of the time. Wakes up some but will go back to sleep after a visit from the pacifier fairy (that situation is getting much better - but we still use it at night).
- Hates the bath now. Specifically, having his hair washed. It's such a rough life.
- Most of the time, doesn't mind having his teeth brushed.
- Talker, talker, talker. Grant is always talking about something these days (whether we understand him or not) and repeating a lot of things he hears us say too - which means we're learning to be careful. His pronunciations are getting better and he's stringing more words together in attempts to make sentences. So super cute :)
- Absolutely loves to play outside. I think he'd live at the playground if he could.
- If there is a dog around, Grant will make you aware of it.
- Can't get enough of his books. He loves our story time before bed. He'll carry his milk cup into the bedroom and pat the rocking chair telling me to "Sit...sit!"
- In addition to his ever present monster truck obsession, he's also become a big fan of buses (which comes out "busth" with his little toddler lisp) and trains (which he calls a "shoo-shoo").
- Much to our dismay, he's become quite the climber. Grant's climbing skills have escalated from the playground slide to climbing our [rather high] bed and now climbing into his highchair when he's hungry.
- From what we can tell - he enjoys day care. When we ask him in the morning if he wants to go to school, he says "Way-dee?" Which is Grant-speak for "Ready?" and he heads toward the door.
|My little Hurricanes fan!|
|Love the Raleigh skyline in the background!|