Friday, May 25, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

*Finally! Sorry I'm super late posting this - I've been pretty busy. And this is a super long post...sorry about that too!*

My Mother's Day began with Husband bringing Grant into the bedroom - because I slept in - to wake me up saying "Mama!" and then giving me a big hug. That's always a nice way to wake up, even if it's not Mother's Day. Then my sister, who came to spend the week with us, cooked us yummy omelets for breakfast! (Except for Grant, his Highness required waffles - or wahfoos - for his morning meal.)

My Mama's Day breakfast and my
Mama's Day flowers :)
 After we ate, my Sis took Grant outside to run around and pop bubbles while I relaxed on the couch with my coffee. While outside burning off the breakfast carbs, my sweet guy picked a flower a for me and came running into the house with it as proud as can be. It was so super cute.

Sweet :)
So with all the running in and out of the house with the flower, it took us a minute to realize the dog got out. No biggie, right? Wrong. My dog does not come back willingly when he gets out. My sister managed to catch him fairly easily - compared to other times he's gotten out - but not before Brodie managed to give some attitude. So he was put in doggie time-out.

Later on that day my Mother-in-Law and family came over for a Mother's Day cookout like we did last year. My sister cooked most of the food so that I could stay out of the kitchen on "my" day...that was rather nice. I felt a little spoiled (and lazy)!

Shauna cooking us dinner :)
And while dinner was cooking my Mother-in-Law opened her present!

An ice cream maker! Yum!
While my Sis and I were shopping the day before, I had found the cutest outfit (and it was on sale - bonus!) for Grant that he just had to wear on Mother's Day! So we took him outside for pictures.

Put 'em up! Put 'em up!



Sweet...and handsome too :)
My Mother-in-Law suggested getting Husband outside for a family picture. We tried...


More than once...



It just wasn't happening. But it was pretty hysterical!
 So we decided to play before dessert.




After we watched Grant wear himself out (he was seriously playing so hard that he was sweating) we headed in for some YUMMY dessert!

Honey Bun Cake that my Mother-in-Law made! It
a favorite of mine!
 
I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Mousse Bombs that I've been
wanting to make for months!

Mmm...looky in the middle :) You can find
the recipe HERE if you want to make some too.


Grant decided to try one of those (the cake had pecans
in it and we're not quite there with letting him have nuts yet).

Grant's favorite thing to do was share food
with Auntie Shauna.

Hahaha...I love this one :)
It was a great Mother's Day, well a great day period. And my sister was with us for a whole week, so we had more great days after that too! I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures from the day. We were standing around outside and Grant was being quizzed. I happened to snap this as someone was asking him "Where's Mama?"


1 comment:

  1. We had a great day and I believe it shows in your pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...