Monday, May 21, 2012

In My Heart

In the last two and half years I've heard a lot of "I don't know how you're dealing with everything so well" and many other variations of that comment. But the truth is, I don't know that I'm dealing with anything that well at all. I just don't really talk about it. I stay strong because I have to. I stay positive because I have to. I will admit there are days when I'd like to lock myself in a dark room and just not deal with life for a day. But thankfully, the desire for those kind of days are fewer than they used to be.

Me & my Mom :)

My Mom was not the kind of person to let much keep her down. She was not a selfish person. So I know she would not have wanted us to be sad forever. But the sadness, it happens. It sneaks up on you. Because losing a parent (or two) - regardless of your age - it's not something you get over. It's just something you live with and it gets a little less painful every day.

 Two years ago today we lost my Mom to cancer. I still miss her every day.

3 comments:

  1. love you friend! praying for you and your sister today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe it's been 2 years. She is dearly missed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so much. Wish I was near so I could give you a hug!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...