Thursday, July 11, 2013

4th of July - 2013

After the 4th of July parade in my last post, we headed over to my Aunt Betty & Uncle John's house for a cook out. When we were growing up that's where all our 4th of July's were spent. It was always so much fun and it was great to do it again this year.

Look at that view!

Contemplating a jump into the water

I wanted to get a shot of us all together...so drew myself in since I was behind the camera.
There was socializing to be done, baby Alex having his first 4th, and my sis's sweet dog Lennon to play with:

And there was also a potty trained toddler ingesting lots of fluids to keep track of...

Oops.
It's always great to spend a holiday with family and it was nice for us all to sit down together over a yummy dinner (followed by yummy dessert!). And to talk and spend time together...it was just a really nice day. And that rain that hit us during the parade never came back :)
Enjoying one of the marshmallows I made (he ate at least 6 that day)
He was in and out of the water all day, he had so much fun!
Grant always loves his Lennon play time!
In my previous post I mentioned that my dad's brother, my Uncle Kevin, drove up to spend the 4th with us. We speak on the phone often, but I hadn't seen him since my dad's funeral...which meant he hadn't seen Grant since he was about 5 months old. It was great to see him and spend time talking with him in person but I was super excited for him to spend time with Grant. And Grant took to him like glue. He absolutely loved him and it was so fun to see these two together:

As you can see, it was a great day and great holiday together. Unfortunately, it was our last day of vacation...but what a great way to end it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...