Friday, July 18, 2014

High Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Lauren and Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week.

1) I spent a great Saturday afternoon with Grant going all over the place shopping for party supplies for his birthday party. He loves it when we go to Party City!

2) Sunday morning I had a hankering for waffles. No one else wanted any! I was like a short order cook. Grant wanted cereal, Husband wanted a breakfast sandwich, and I wanted a huge waffle loaded up with real northern NY maple syrup from the stash I keep in the back of the fridge. So after getting the men folk squared away, I pulled out my waffle maker. One for breakfast and two more that went in the freezer for this weekend :)

3) Sunday we had a water fight! I filled up every bucket we own with water then Grant and I ran around the yard spraying each other, re-filling, more spaying, etc. We had so much fun! Grant eventually just got in bigger buckets and played that way for a while too. It was such an awesome afternoon and a really great weekend!

4) I started on some of the birthday party prep (I think was Sunday too) to get a bit of a head start. I made some Iron Man masks out of foam. I'm hoping to get some Hulk and/or Captain America masks made too. There seems to be a serious lack of good Avengers party stuff, I think it's going to be a lot of DIY for me so I'm glad I'm starting early!

5) We watched the MLB All Star Game! Or, at least, some of it. Couldn't miss Jeter's last All Star Game! (Did you hear that? My Husband just rolled his eyes.)
Grant clapping as Jeter is introduced :)
6) Still trying to keep up with my walking & running. Mid-week the humidity let up some and I went for a great walk and it was a gorgeous night. I owe Husband a great big thank you for picking up my pre-bedtime routine with Grant so I can go out for my runs/walks. Evening is really the only time I'm motivated to go AND have the time so I really appreciate him picking up my slack and encouraging me to go :)


Happy Friday!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...