Friday, October 10, 2014

High Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Lauren and Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week.

1) Saturday we were supposed to go to Fireman's Day to watch a parade of firetrucks and have some fun. But Grant woke up sick. So we had a kind of lazy Saturday and then kicked off a good Sunday with Grant's current favorite breakfast: a ham & cheese omelet.
He ate that whole thing and then asked for applesauce.
2) On Sunday we worked out a "chore chart" for Grant and I started teaching him how to do a few things. He's learning to use the computer and he has a leappad, so he's going to start earning his time on that stuff with some simple chores. We started with him learning to fold his laundry (and at the moment he finds this as fun as playing computer games!).

3) I love when I have all the ingredients on hand to make myself a yummy treat. More often than not when I bake, its for other people. But over the weekend I really wanted a scone with my coffee so I made some maple oat scones (with pecans). They hit the spot!


4) I had a really yummy line-up for dinner this week. This Chicken & Dumplings Casserole was probably my favorite this week (followed by the three cheese baked gnocchi that I'll post about next week)!


5) Mid-week I took a break from cooking so we could try a new BBQ place ("new" meaning we've never been there). I have an art tote thing for Grant that pretty much stays in my bag. He loves to color when we go out to eat. Wednesday while we waited, he got in some practice writing his name. He's getting so good at it! And I love how proud of himself he gets :)


Grant is really excited that today is Friday because he's heading to Grandma & Grandpa's for a sleepover so Mama & Daddy can go to the Hurricanes home opener tonight! 
Happy Friday everyone!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...