Friday, January 2, 2015

High Five for Friday

Happy New Year! Today I'm linking up Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week.

1) With Christmas being just over a week ago, I had to post this picture. This crazy kid is the best and we had such a great Christmas!

2) Santa brought Grant a marble maze for Christmas. Santa was really excited about this gift because "he" thought Grant would be really fascinated by it. Santa was right. Grant think it is - as my mother would have said - the cat's ass. But when Santa ordered it from Zulily...Santa had no idea that it doesn't come with instructions. Have fun with that Christmas evening when you're deliriously tired. It doesn't work out so well. However, after a good night's sleep and an great cup of coffee (with the promise of much more in the pot waiting for me) I managed to get that marble maze going correctly based solely on a picture from the box. Hooray Mama.

3) Friday I cooked a yummy beef roast in the crockpot. I'm typically a terrible beef cooker (or perhaps I just think that because when I eat it I want it to be life-changing and it never is) but this turned out really well. I shredded it to make french dip sandwiches - one of my favorite sandwiches ever. I didn't love it in a sandwich so next time I think it would be good with just some mashed potatoes and a veggie. (beef roast recipe HERE).

4) Saturday we wen to Hill Ridge Farms for their Festival of Lights. Last year I won tickets to this through a raffle at work and I did again this year too! Grant loves to ride through the huge light display on the hay wagon!



5) My Aunt Bonnie sent some Christmas presents to Grant and she told me that she'd put some old pictures in there for me. I love to go through old pictures and there were some good ones in there!
Me and my sister
Me with my cousins Nick and AJ
Me and my cousin AJ
6) Grant's school did early closing on New Year's Eve so I decided to just take the day off and have some fun with him. We went to an early movie, ran some errands, and then just relaxed at home (he got to stay up a little later that night and we had ice cream to celebrate NYE).
Hogging the popcorn and waiting for The Penguins of Madagascar to start!
Happy Friday everyone!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...