Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

I have had little ambition or opportunity to blog, so I've been taking a little break. I have plenty to write about (and pictures I want to post). But we have one computer and it's generally occupied. So I usually take that as a sign that I should be working on one of my many unfinished craft projects, watching something that's filling up the DVR, or reading.

But I saw something the other day that I wanted to share. I saw it on pinterest and at this time of year I find it especially important. Growing up, our family used to go around the table on Thanksgiving and we'd all have to say at least one thing we were thankful for. This reminds me of how thankful I am and should be.


 The past few years has been tough on my family. But as much as we've been through, I still know how lucky we are.

Although I no longer have either of my parents, I am thankful for the way they raised me and I hope that I'm becoming someone they would be proud of. And even though Grant will never know my parents (Nana and Grandpa to him) in person I hope that I can help him know who they were and how much they wanted to meet him. And I'm so thankful for the family I have that that can help me make my parents a part of Grant's life.

I'm thankful for health. Mine, my family's, and my friends. We've had had a year full of various sicknesses (mostly Grant) but, for the most part, it's all been pretty minor and I'm thankful for that. I know that there are so many people taking care of very sick loved ones and I'm thankful that all my loved ones are happy and healthy (Including Aunt Bonnie who had a procedure done yesterday and is now home resting. We're hoping that will take care of some recent problems for her).

That leads me to how thankful I am for my family friends. I'm so lucky to have a supportive husband, a sweet little boy, and loving family and friends. And I don't know where I'd be without all of them. They've all gotten me through so much.

I'm lucky to have the life that I have and all the people in it. People who love me and support me and make me want to be a better person...and some who make me see the person I don't want to be. I'm lucky that every night when I go to sleep it's in a warm house and in a comfy bed with a full belly.

I try to stay positive. It isn't always easy when you see people taking for granted all the things they have and hearing them complain about the most minimal things. But I try to stay thankful every day (not just at Thanksgiving) because, in spite of what the past two years have been like, I see something every day that makes me thankful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...