Tuesday, November 1, 2011

14 Months

As usual I'm late with my monthly updates on Grant. At least by now the few people that read this blog have most likely begun to expect it. I am amazingly busy for someone who is really quite boring. So without further ado, my 14 month old Peanut:

Seriously cute, right?

 Not much has changed since my last update. And this may be fairly quick because I'm taking care of my sick little guy today. Thanks to a doctor's appointment today we know that Grant weighs about 21.5 pounds. So at our next well visit (15 month check-up) we're going to get the doctor's opinion about changing Grant to forward facing in the car.

He seems to be going through a bit of an awkward phase with clothes. 12 month shirts are too small but most 18 months are too big. That's easy to deal with - we just roll the sleeves up. Pants are another story. Most of the 12 months are too short for his long legs but the waist is great because he's so damn scrawny. But if we do 18 months...they fall down when he walks. So for now we're just dealing with how he looks in the 12 months (when I say "we" I mean me because Husband doesn't care).

Grant is doing good with the whole milk now. We no longer have to flavor it to trick him into drinking it. Sometimes we still put stuff in it as a treat (he loooves some chocolate milk!) but at least now he'll drink it without any flavor stuff. And he's doing pretty well with food. He's becoming less picky - which I think we need to thank daycare for. However, if given the choice I think he'd eat macaroni & cheese (or any pasta dish, really) for every meal.

And we've begun Operation: Bye-Bye Paci. It's by no means in full swing, we still need it sometimes as much as Grant wants it. But we're starting small. Keeping it from him during the day. If he finds it and puts it in his own mouth, we take it away. If we're in a store or restaurant we don't let him have it unless he's tired or moody and about to cause a scene. Like I said, starting small. Right now we're just trying to get him used to not having it so much. We've regressed slightly in the past couple weeks because he hasn't felt well and the paci calms him when he's fussy. But we're all relying on it less, so that's good.




That's about all for now. I've got a sick toddler that needs to stay hydrated :) (Pedialyte is pretty awesome, by the way.)

1 comment:

  1. Dana from HancockHeir:

    We are having the same problem with clothes....12 months are a little small and his belly hangs out the shirts and 18 month pants are way too long.

    we need to start operation no paci soon. I know day care doesn't give it to him except nap time - but we are pretty bad at home. need to do your plan and start slow.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...