Friday, January 10, 2014

High Five for Friday

My first High Five of the new year! I was too lazy last week so this week I'm linking up with Lauren to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week.

1) Over the weekend I was feeling pretty crummy from a cold-type-thing that keeps coming and going. But Sunday I was ambitious enough to try two new recipes. I made chicken and rice soup using THIS RECIPE from Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible (thanks to my Mother-in-Law for that!) and THIS RECIPE for Hummus from Smitten Kitchen. Both were really good and I'm so glad I decided to try them!
Mmmm...good soup!
My first hummus attempt (and the first real attempt at eating it).
2) Also on Sunday we had some Christmas gift exchanges to do. Grant received and outfit that was too small and that store was lacking in toddler boys clothes. So Grant picked this instead:
It's *ahem* a little big and you can see that really bothers him.
3) In honor of Downton Abbey's return - and because they're just good and I wanted some-, I made maple oat scones for those at work fortunate enough to get to the container before they were gone (the recipe only made 8 and I claimed 2 for my Tuesday & Wednesday morning coffees). This was another new recipe for me and it was really good. Although, I have yet to meet a scone recipe that I wouldn't make again. If you're interested, THIS is the recipe I used.
Not all maple syrup is created equal and I accept no grocery store substitutes!
4) There is hockey in my living room most nights, whether on TV or between the three of us.
The boy loves hockey.
5) Speaking of hockey, Husband and his brother went to the Hurricanes game last night which gave me a date night with Grant. Evidently a date night with me means Cracker Barrel because that's what Grant always picks for our dinner dates. So it was Cracker Barrel for him...and some shopping for me :)
His Iron Man pose.
HAPPY FRIDAY!
Have a great weekend!
 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...