Friday, April 24, 2015

High Five for Friday

Hi there! Today I'm linking up Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week.

1) Last Saturday for dinner we did a picnic in the park. I love doing this because Grant gets so excited about it even though it's a super simple dinner (he got to help make brownies for dessert so the excitement started there). After checking the weather all week and being assured of no rain...it rained. We manage to finish our meal before it really started and since it wasn't raining at home, we had dessert there and played some frisbee in the yard.
Part of the reason he loves picnics is because he gets to have a sprite.
Making friends with crickets in the yard
2) Also over the weekend, we made pine cone bird feeders! Grant loved the project and the kept checking to see if birds were eating from them. They didn't that day but one morning this week we did get to see a big cardinal having some breakfast. Then that same day one disappeared (squirrel theft?) and now they're both gone. But it was so fun to do together and seeing Grant's reaction to the cardinal using them. The day he & Husband discovered the missing one, Grant said to me "Mama. I have bad news. Bad news is when you have to tell someone something that isn't good. OK. One of the pine cones is gone!" I love this kid :)

3) One more of weekend fun, Grant got to test his new rain boots. He's been talking about rain boots for at least 6 months and the Easter Bunny granted his wish. We got a lot of rain over the weekend and had a huge puddle in the street. FYI: rain boots don't keep your feet dry if you're jumping in the puddle!

4) Crazy hair day at school!
Checking himself out.
5) I sent some "dirt cupcakes" to school for a fun treat! (Recipe HERE)

I love getting pictures from the teachers :)

6) Last night we had a semi-date night. I say semi because it was more for Husband. For his birthday I got him tickets to the Eric Church concert. This is not really my thing but I hope he had a good time. 



Happy Friday everyone!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...