Friday, February 24, 2012

New Recipe: Brownie Covered Oreos

I actually made this over the weekend but I just haven't had time to write up a post about it. By "haven't had time" I actually mean that I'm refusing to sit at my desk during lunch and when I have time at home I'd rather relax and read or catch up on stuff in my DVR than write about brownies. Sorry :)

I got this recipe from Jenny at Picky Palate who has TONS of great recipes on her blog and will have a cookbook coming out soon. The first time I made this recipe I had been in search of something to make to send to day care for the staff on Valentine's day. And I stumbled across this recipe on Jenny's blog. Although she had done it around Christmas time, I managed to find some of the winter Oreos and thought it would be a great Valentine's treat. I ended up making them again over the weekend to bring to my in-laws house when we had dinner over there on Sunday. Mine are not as picture perfect as Jenny's...but they were very tasty!


Brownie Covered Oreos
  • 1 Box brownie mix (or use a favorite homemade recipe)
  • 1 Package of Oreos (I used the "winter" ones)
  • White chocolate, melted for drizzle
  • Sprinkles
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions (I used the directions for "cake like brownies"). Leave in mixing bowl. Dip Oreos in brownie batter and place in the bottom of cupcake tins that have been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until brownies are cooked through (doesn't take long). As soon as you remove the pan from the oven, take a knife (I used a butter knife) and run it along the brownie edges so they don't stick to the pan.
  2. Let cool for 5 minutes and drizzle with your melted white chocolate. Toss on some sprinkles. And then EAT 'EM!
Makes entire package of Oreos
Recipe Source: Picky Palate


Mix up your batter...

Spray your pan (I used the cooking spray w/ flour for baking)...

Keep tiny hands from thievery!

Or have extra Oreos on hand for a treat :)

Dip your Oreos...

This is what they look like before baking. I didn't think it looked like
enough batter but they turned out great!
 
Mmmm...almost ready!
 
This is the white chocolate I used. Two square was the perfect
amount for decorating.

All you need now is a cold glass of milk!

Notes/Suggestions:
  • Everybody at the day care loved them and they even let the kids in Grant's classroom have one with their snack on Valentine's day.
  • You don't have to decorate them. But if you do, you don't have to use white chocolate. You can use cookie icing or, really, whatever you want.
  • I plan to try this again in the future - perhaps next week for Husband's birthday - using mini peanut butter cups and baking them in a mini muffin pan. I'll try to let you know how those turn out!
  • There is no wrong Oreo to use in this recipe. Can you think of one Oreo flavor they make that would be bad in this recipe? No, me either.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have been making the mini peanut butter cups in brownies in a mini muffin pan for years! They are delicious! You won't be disappointed!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...