Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Flashback

My post about our recent snowfall got me thinking about a picture from my childhood. I have no idea how I came to be the one in possession of this picture. I love it. I've shown it to so many people. Whenever it snows here, I always think of the winters that I grew up with and this picture has got to be from the best winter ever (or at least close to it).


Taken in my parent's driveway

At the top of that enormous snowbank is my sister and one of our neighbors from down the road. My mom is the one lying in the snowbank (presumably, I am taking the picture). Behind my sister you can see the peek of the next door neighbors roof and on the right of the picture is the roof of our garage. 

Best. Snowbank. Ever.

I have no doubt we had snow prior to that but that snowbank was the product of a huge snowfall and, thankfully, someone with a plow. There's no way we would be having that much fun if we had to shovel. I remember that snowbank and I'm so SO happy we have a picture of it. We eventually built tunnels all through it (one that was more like a slide) and it lasted forever. It was so great.

Now THAT is a winter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...