Thursday, June 23, 2011

Learning Good Habits

I was advised at our nine month check up to start getting Grant used to a toothbrush (or a finger brush or whatever). She said we should brush his teeth after his nighttime bottle before we put him in his crib. And to her I say: HA! YOU do it!

Grant has never minded when I put that little finger brush on and give his tiny teeth a brushing. But he VERY MUCH minds it when he's in a food coma and ready for bed. I do try. And my theory is that he'll get used to it. But I don't try every night. It's just not worth it. He starts to pout when I lay him on the changing table and I just about have to man-handle him just to get his hands away from his face while he is doing everything in his power to get me to stop trying to shove my finger in his mouth. Good times. But with a top front tooth about to come through any day, I really need to put forth more effort with the nighttime teeth cleaning.

But while he is awake and happy we're trying to get him used to the toothbrush that Husband's dentist gave us. She said just to let him chew on it. Which he is very happy to do (actually his little face lights up when he sees it)!

Side note: Can we please talk about how ridiculously cute he is in his new PJs?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...