Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Being Thankful

Every year on Thanksgiving my family used to go around the table and say what we’re thankful for. When we were kids we were always thankful for our (unbroken) toys, when we were teenagers we were thankful when our parents stayed out of our business, and when were a little older and no one was remotely serious about it anymore we would say whatever would make everyone laugh - like being thankful for Aunt Bonnie’s little turkey cookies or being thankful that someone labeled the ham gravy so Dad wouldn’t put it on his turkey again (that didn’t go well). So this post is in the spirit of the Thanksgivings that I used to have.

What I’m thankful for:
  • My healthy baby boy and my husband
  • All my family (even the ones I’m not so crazy about – or the ones that send hate mail)
  • Great friends
  • Our dog, Brodie, who will sometimes get mad at me but usually forgives me after a treat
  • A roof over our head and food in our bellies
  • Having a job I don’t mind going to in the morning
  • That lack of “need” in my life (hopefully I eventually learn to “want” less)
  • My sense of humor and being so easily amused
  • My inner child (even if he is chubby…and sometimes a little bit lazy)
  • My happy childhood and my great memories

I know I’m leaving some things out. I have a lot to be thankful for. Family holidays make me reminisce and I wish I had some pictures from our Thanksgivings to share but cameras seem to have been absent at those gatherings.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...