Saturday, November 13, 2010

The First 2 Months

I am going to attempt to be a better blogger. That is to say, I will actually post things on my blog. I wish my blog was cuter...that might make me do it more. Anyway, this was supposed to be about mine and my husband's adventures and experiences as new parents but it's sort of turned into just my blog. So, in my attempt to be a better blogger and a more bragging mother I'm going to at least make monthly posts about my baby's first year.

One month

Grant's first month was, for lack of a better word, interesting. He was figuring us out and we were...clueless. He learned that if he cried he'd get held and, if was really lucky, a boob stuck in his mouth. We learned that newborns have projectile poop. Yes, we were peed on. Several times. So was the dog (who we don't see much of anymore. He's got an apartment set up underneath the bed). Pee is easy to clean up. I've cleaned poop off of just about every surface in the nursery. When I say "projectile poop" I mean to say that his best distance was roughly 3 feet. I never measured but I should have. I did take a picture but I've been told that I can NOT put it on the internet. In case Grant becomes president. I need you to take my word for it that it's hysterical. We learned how to give baths to a screaming, terrified infant. My husband learned to love onesies because "they hold the diaper on". And I learned that the best way to sleep in was to put Grant in bed with me. It was an educational, sleepless, stressful, but wonderful first month.
Grant's first full day at home (8/29/10)
4 days old


Grant at one month
Two months
By two months old Grant was almost 10.5 lbs and thankfully, no longer breast fed. We seem to have passed the projectile poop stage but still occaisionally get peed on. He doesn't mind bath time any more and it's actually enjoyable for me to give my little guy a bath. He can hold his head up really well now and loves to be sitting up so he can see what's going on. We use the bumbo seat to help him sit up. He's sleeping much better at night so I feel more rested than I did in the first month. Husband on the other hand...not so much. We've moved Grant from the bassinet in our room to his crib. BIG move for husband who worries constantly. We have a baby monitor, of course, and every time the baby so much as grunts Nate is instantly crib-side checking on him. But I need to be thankful he's like that and not leaving it all up to me. Thanks husband :) Grant also had his first shots at two months. I can't wait to do that again! However, it did make me feel good when he kept screaming until I held him. Then he put his little head on my shoulder and calmed down. He loves his mommy!
Happy Grant in his bumbo seat


Grant at two month old

Grant's first Halloween


Month three coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...