Friday, October 7, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

It's here! It's here! And it feels like we've been waiting for it forever! It's the first day of hockey season :) Well, technically yesterday was. But today is the first day of the Hurricanes season...and that's what matters to us.

Tonight at 7:00 we will be parked in front of the TV all kinds of excited. Ok, maybe not. We may be running all over the house like lunatics chasing after a very mobile 1 year old. BUT that game will be on. And we'll still be all kinds of excited. I will stay excited. Husband will lose faith the second the other team scores and will declare "Well, there it is. They're going to lose. We probably won't make the playoffs." That's what he does.

Last Friday night, Husband and I got a date night. We went to a Hurricanes pre-season game. I was so excited to be there that I couldn't even feel annoyed when the lady mid-life crisis next to me started making up nicknames for the players (she insisted on calling Tim Gleason T-bone which I found very weird). Husband and I were kind of having quite a time making fun of her and then she had to go and make me feel guilty because she told me my shoes were really cute. But she was just being honest, they're super cute shoes.

We had great seats for the game:



And any night when I get to have this for dinner is a good night:

Pork BBQ nachos. You should be jealous.
They're a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
And what date night is complete without a fight or two?


It was a great date night! Well, at this point any night out is nice but we were due for a hockey fix.
P.S. They lost...so it's almost like last season never ended (hahaha - we're used to that).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...