Friday, May 29, 2015

High Five for Friday

Hi there! Today I'm linking up with Jennie to share some fun stuff from the past week. 

1) Saturday we were supposed to go see some hot air balloons but we found out when we got to the parking lot that it was too windy for them to fly (or even inflate). It was a pretty big let-down. But I did score my first ever trip to Hobby Lobby (and I can't wait to go back) and we hit the new Cabela's for the first time too.
Grant and I really enjoyed Hobby Lobby! Husband behaved
himself and tolerated it while silently willing me to leave.
Cabela's was fun to explore. Grant loved the aquarium
and the camping section made me want to go camping so bad!
2) I started loom knitting. Usually when it comes to yarn crafts I am completely inept. But this loom knitting thing is great! I started my first scarf Saturday afternoon and took it outside to sit at the picnic table while Grant played in the sandbox fought bad guys. Just as I was getting done with my first thingy of yarn and was about to head in to attach the second, a bird pooped on my head. But at least it didn't get on my scarf! I'm currently working on my 4th scarf, I love it!
Grant fighting bad guys while I figure out the knitting.
My first scarf! 
2nd scarf! (This is not for him but he was
 tolerant of being my model.) 
3rd scarf! (My 4th one is going to be like the 2nd one
 becauseI bought more of that yarn)
3) Sunday I knew we were going to throw something on the grill for dinner. So I enlisted Grant's help in making some mac & cheese.
He's a very good helper (just ask him)
4) Before dinner on Sunday (after getting the mac & cheese ready) I decided to bust out the slip-n-slide that Grant got for his birthday last year. To the best of my knowledge, this was a first for him and he was a bit apprehensive about it (strange for a boy who is constantly throwing himself around the living room to demonstrate his "ninja moves"). For the life of me, I could not get him to slide on his belly. Even after I demonstrated - several times - how it's done.
It didn't matter, he had fun anyway!
Monday afternoon I decided to forgo cooking dinner in favor of another afternoon on the slip-in-slide. And FINALLY got Grant to slide on his belly! Because I take  bunches of pictures of him, he insisted that he take one of me. It seemed only fair. We had so much fun playing on that thing! I hope the weather is nice this weekend so we can do it again (I don't care how old you are, slip-n-slides are fun!).
Mama on the slip-n-slide!
Finally sliding on his belly!
5) I had a sick boy on my hands this week. It came out of nowhere and didn't last long. By Wednesday afternoon this was happening in my house:
Pirate fireman Leonardo, at your service.
 6) Yesterday our first full sized Kiwi Crate arrived! We had a blast with the mini one I tested so I'm excited to explore the box this weekend and see what we get to do.

I think we're going to have a really great weekend, if I survive tonight. Tonight is Grant's preschool graduation and I've already been in tears over it! We plan to do a little celebrating with him tomorrow (a special lunch at Chuck E Cheese) and have lots of fun over the weekend.
Happy Friday everyone!
Have a great weekend!

The Diary of a Real Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...