Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Recipe: Crockpot BBQ Chicken

I love, love, love my crockpot. Crockpots - I have three. And I love them all. I firmly believe crockpots are magic. You put in a bunch of ingredients and in anywhere from 4 to 8 hours, depending on what you're cooking, you have a delicious meal. AND you get to claim you cooked it. When, really, it was the magic of the crockpot.

This recipe came by way of Pinterest which is a website that I'm currently addicted to and is causing some serious ADD at work (and anywhere else really because I also have the Pinterest app on my phone). So anyway, I came across the recipe on Pinterest and it looked so yummy and easy that I had to give it a whirl.



Crockpot BBQ Chicken

4-6 pieces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 18-Ounce Bottle BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
1/4 cup Vinegar
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp. Garlic Powder

Mix the BBQ sauce with all ingredients listed under it. Place the chicken in crockpot.
Pour the sauce over it and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.

Recipe source: Stick A Fork In It

Notes/Suggestions:
  • The blogger who posted this recipe put her chicken in the crockpot frozen. I didn't, I like to trim my chicken before cooking. So make sure your cooking time is adjusted to your chicken. My chicken was done before 4 hours and I had 7-8 chicken breasts in there.
  • I felt like it cooked a little fast and so the chicken was a little dry. Not to worry, the sauce was GREAT so we just put a little more on the chicken and all was well with the world.
  • I made this recipe on a day when my mother-in-law was coming over for dinner. It's a little scary making a new recipe for company but it was Husband, Mother-in-law, and even BABY approved. Even Grant had a little bit of Mama's chicken.
  • Make the sauce exactly how it states in the recipe and you will not be disappointed. It was really good. I was scared of the pepper flakes but they weren't too much. And I think I ended up using a whole teaspoon of garlic powder, but I love garlic.
I served the chicken with twice baked potatoes:


And also some homemade garlic cheddar biscuits that I'll be posting the recipe for soon :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...