|I spelled spicy wrong. Oops.|
|That's all you need!|
|Mix together everything but the peanuts|
|Then add your peanuts|
|Mix 'em up until all your peanuts are swimming in BBQy goodness|
|Spread them out on a greased baking sheet (or pan)|
|Mmmm...look at 'em. How great would those look in|
a special package to give to someone for the holidays?
Spicy BBQ Peanuts
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I used Kraft original because it's what I had)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine sauce, butter, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Add peanuts, stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer peanuts to a greased 13"x9"x2" baking pan.
- Bake [uncovered] at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Spread on wax paper; cool completely
Yield: 3 cups
Recipe Source: Aunt Betty :)
- I followed the recipe exactly, only using 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne because these were for my in-laws and I'm not entirely sure how spicy they like stuff. I tried a couple - not being a huge fan of spicy - and I didn't find them too spicy. If you want them with more heat definitely use more than 1/4 teaspoon.
- Use the full teaspoon of garlic powder, I didn't find them overly garlicky (however, I'm a big fan of garlic so take that into consideration).
- I can't wait to experiment with other BBQ sauces!
- I put it in the recipe, but be sure to grease your pan! It makes life easier.
- My 13x9x2" baking pan had brownies in it at the time, so I used a jelly-roll type pan instead and it worked fine. I just had to be a little more careful when stirring the peanuts.