Saturday, August 11, 2012

New Recipe: Spicy BBQ Peanuts

I love food gifts. Making them, giving them, receiving them, all of it. So I'm always happy to find a recipe that can be used that way. This recipe comes from my Aunt Betty. She made a batch of these yummy peanuts for our 4th of July cookout. Husband loves spicy stuff and he loves BBQ sauce so I had to have the recipe, which she gladly shared with me...so I'm going to share it with you!

I spelled spicy wrong. Oops.

I think my favorite part of this recipe was that the only thing I actually had to get was the peanuts. Every other ingredient I had on hand. I love when that happens.

That's all you need!

Mix together everything but the peanuts

Then add your peanuts

Mix 'em up until all your peanuts are swimming in BBQy goodness

Spread them out on a greased baking sheet (or pan)

Mmmm...look at 'em. How great would those look in
a special package to give to someone for the holidays?
Spicy BBQ Peanuts

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I used Kraft original because it's what I had)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts


Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine sauce, butter, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
  2. Add peanuts, stir until evenly coated.
  3. Transfer peanuts to a greased 13"x9"x2" baking pan.
  4. Bake [uncovered] at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
  5. Spread on wax paper; cool completely
Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 3 cups
Recipe Source: Aunt Betty :)

Notes/Suggestions:
  • I followed the recipe exactly, only using 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne because these were for my in-laws and I'm not entirely sure how spicy they like stuff. I tried a couple - not being a huge fan of spicy - and I didn't find them too spicy. If you want them with more heat definitely use more than 1/4 teaspoon.
  • Use the full teaspoon of garlic powder, I didn't find them overly garlicky (however, I'm a big fan of garlic so take that into consideration).
  • I can't wait to experiment with other BBQ sauces!
  • I put it in the recipe, but be sure to grease your pan! It makes life easier.
  • My 13x9x2" baking pan had brownies in it at the time, so I used a jelly-roll type pan instead and it worked fine. I just had to be a little more careful when stirring the peanuts.
Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...