Friday, September 7, 2012

Big Boy Bed

Or, as Grant will proudly tell you, "Big bed! I sleep there!" Ok so it sounds more like I seep dere but the point is, he's rather proud of his new sleeping arrangement.

On Monday, I got a wild hair and decided to convert the crib. Husband was outside mowing so he had no idea what I was doing until it was about half finished. I would have had it done sooner except I had to tear the house apart looking for the right size allen wrench. So he caught me, rolled his eyes at me, and went back outside.

Pre-conversion.
Grant sat by my side for the whole process. Trying to "help" by putting all the screws I took out of their holes back into their holes. I couldn't even be mad about it because it was too stinking cute. He also brought me monster trucks for help :) I don't think it took me more than 20 minutes. Much easier than I thought it would be.

Done! Grant's checking things out. (Please note the pile
of "helpful" monster trucks next to the bed.)
 He loved it immediately. He kept saying "I get in bed" and then would crawl up or "I way down" and would pull the covers over him. He seemed very proud of it, especially when I told him it was for big guys.

"I way down."

I showed him how comfy it is to read in bed. (He told
Grave Digger and Bear to "Way down!")
Then it comes time for bed.

Brodie was checking for monsters.
We read books like normal. Brush teeth like normal. But now getting into bed isn't normal. Husband and I both tucked him in for the first night and the poor little man looked petrified. I almost lost it right in front of him. He didn't want to stay in bed (he told me, but didn't make and attempt to get up), he wanted his crib back, he wanted Daddy. Everything. It took about an hour and half to get him settled, the he was O-U-T. I, of course, slept awful waiting for him to wake up screaming any minute.

He didn't. He slept great and has ever since then. He sleeps with a pillow now, too, and looks so grown up and adorable. That first night I was really second guessing my decision to do this but now I know it was right. I guess he was ready!

My big guy :)

1 comment:

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...