Friday, June 6, 2014

High Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Lauren and Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week.

1) Saturday evening we took Grant to the ER with stomach pains he'd had on and off since around noon. While this initially wouldn't have made my list of "favorites" for the week, ruling out appendicitis and skipping emergency surgery definitely is a favorite. It was a very long evening - including a 20-30 minute ultrasound - and Grant was so incredibly patient and well behaved the whole time. After the ultrasound they decided to try giving him oral fluids instead of starting out with an IV and he drank like a champ. So they sent us home around 2 a.m. telling us it must have been a "bug". We all spent the next day recuperating.
The ER staff kept Grant happily entertained!
2) One night this week (Tuesday maybe? I can't remember.) we made a fort in the living room. I haven't done this in a while and we had so much fun pretending to camp. We pretended to gather wood for our fire, roast marshmallows, hot dogs, and burgers (Grant kept stealing my pretend stick!), and we tried to pretend to sleep but there were monsters to watch out for. It made me want to get a tent so we can camp in the backyard!

3) I finally finished editing the wedding pictures for my brother-in-law & sister-in-law and mailed out a package to them this week! I'll probably share some here in the next few days.


4) One of Grant's teachers will text me pictures every once in a while. Yesterday was "water day" at school and she sent me a picture of Grant having some fun. I love it when I get surprise pictures of him during the day!

5) A few weeks ago I found out that my sister & I won a giveaway from a website I'm a big fan of called Pick Your Plum. I've ordered some great stuff from them and randomly enter some of the giveaways they do on facebook. You tag a friend in the comments and if you win, you both win. And my sister and I won one!! My box came yesterday filled with three fun scarves, a bracelet & earring set, plates, cups, baking cups, treat bags, serving trays, and table runners! I can't wait to use it all!!

Happy Friday!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...