Friday, May 30, 2014

High Five for Fiday

Today I'm linking up with Lauren and Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week.

1) We had "Grant & Mama Day" last Friday and spent a really great day together at fun museum followed by wonderfully large snow cones!

2) Sunday we had a little cookout at the house with the in-laws. Grant was a big help in the kitchen with the macaroni & cheese (he loved all the compliments he got). And for dessert we had a cake made from ice cream sandwiches. YUM!


3) Completely forgetting how warm and muggy it was outside, I went for a bike ride Monday during Grant's nap (a time I usually use for sitting on my butt watching TV). I imagine that to the old man who rode by me on his bike, clearly out for a joy ride and not struggling at all, I probably looked about to die. But it felt good to get out for some exercise...and then I went home and watched TV :)

4) Grant and I played some baseball in the yard. He loves to try to hit without his tee...and is surprisingly good at it when he's focused. He also likes to run a lap around the house like he's running the bases if he gets a hit. Oh to have that energy!

5) In a moment of what can only be a total lapse of good judgement, I joined a running challenge. The medicine that keeps me and my liver together in happy harmony also seriously kicks my ass. Dizziness, fatigue, increased joint pain...it's really great stuff. And I managed to combat all that with getting into an exercise routine last year. I sort of got out of that routine and for some reason thought a running challenge would be a good idea. The challenge is to run at least a mile every day until July 4th. HAHAHAHA! So far I've not been able to accomplish much more than that in a day given the excruciating pain radiating from my lower legs each time I run. Oh well...at least it's something!
Also I skipped yesterday...
6) After my jump start back into exercising this week...I ate this for dessert one day after lunch:
It's an Oreo bar...and it was worth every single calorie.
Happy Friday!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...