Friday, October 11, 2013

High Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Lauren to share some of my favorite stuff from the past two weeks. I didn't do a post last week and last week was fun so I'm adding it in :)

1) A few days before we went on vacation last week, I decided to do a little photo shoot with Grant. I hadn't done one in a while and he has several adorable outfits that he doesn't have much occaision to wear. So we headed to downtown Clayton for some pictures. He was super cooperative (even with outfit changes) so I took him to the park afterward for some playtime...and a much deserved lollipop.


More pictures to come in a later post!
The park is always a good thing.
2) We spent a long weekend in the mountains! We headed up to Banner Elk, NC on Wednesday and came home Sunday. More on that (and pictures) in a later post but we had a great time. Love the mountains! Especially in the fall :)


Family pic!
On the Blue Ridge Parkway
Famous movie spot on Grandfather Mountain!
3) I don't decorate for Halloween. Its not a long enough season for me to get into all that so I have very little stuff to put out for it (though I should try harder for Grant). BUT my sister gave me my Mom's adorable Halloween candy dish so I filled it with Hershey Kisses and made a spot on the table for it. I will try my best to keep it as well stocked as my Mom did! And I think Husband is going to try his best to empty it as fast as I fill it.


Isn't it cute?
4) I stayed home sick with Grant yesterday. Though him being sick was not a *favorite* of the week, I do enjoy unexpectedly spending the day with him. Especially when he's so snuggly. And we even sat down and watch The Wizard of OZ together - my favorite! The whole thing. It was so nice to watch it with someone who doesn't know to be annoyed at my constant quoting of the lines.



5) Also yesterday, I made some glazed cinnamon scones. So I could have one with my morning coffee and share the others with people at work. It's been a while since I made scones and they were good! (I'm reading a book set in England and they talk about scones a lot so I've really been craving them!)


Yummy.
Happy Friday!
I hope you have a great weekend :)

 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I am so excited to stumble upon all of these NC bloggers from the H54F link up! I, too, am a northerner (New England) transplant to NC. I've actually never been to the NC mountains though, but your pictures make it look like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...