Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Recipe: S'more Rice Krispie Treats

There is just something about rice krispie treats, isn't there? Every once in a while I just crave them. While cruising Pinterest.com for recipes (love that site) I came across several new recipes for rice krispie treats. Rice krispie treats have become so much more than cereal and marshmallows.

So, the purpose of this particular recipe hunt was because I wanted to make something for the women who take care of Grant every day. He's only been at this new day care for a few months but we've been so much happier with this facility than the last one. This day care has been so helpful to us and its so nice to not worry about how he's being cared for every day. Even after the head bump (let's face it, that could have happened at home). Baking is the way I say thank you. So I thought I'd bake them a little treat for them to enjoy after the long weekend. S'more Rice Krispie Treats! 


S'more Rice Krispie Treats
3 cups Mini Marshmallows
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup Graham Crackers, broken into coarse pieces
1 cup milk chocolate chips
Ingredients:
  1. Butter and 8x8 inch square baking pan (or just spray it with cooking spray)
  2. In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place the marshmallows, butter, and vanilla in the microwave until the marshmallows begin to soften - about a minute.  Mix with spatula and microwave for another minute until the marshmallows are fully melted. Add the rice krispies until just mixed together. Add the graham cracker chunks and chocolate chips to combine.
  3. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Allow to cool. Cut into 16 squares.
Recipe source: Tasty Kitchen Blog




Notes/Suggestions:
  • I doubled this recipe and used a 9x13 inch pan so that there would be enough for all the day care ladies.
  • I didn't melt my marshmallows in the microwave because I didn't have a bowl big enough for a double batch. So I used a large pot on the stove (like I've always made rice krispie treats) and it worked fine. But if I was making just one batch I would have used the microwave.
  • I did get to taste one, but it wasn't a big taste. Husband and I split a very small piece but what I tasted was yummy. And the container came home empty and Husband got many thank-yous when he picked Grant up that day. So I think they were a hit.
I'm looking forward to trying more new rice krispie treats recipes. I hope you enjoy this one!

1 comment:

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...