Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Recipe: Cheesy Chicken Casserole

I have lost count of how many recipe websites have my e-mail address. But there are enough that I get at least 20 new recipes in my e-mail every day. Some I delete because I know I'd never attempt to make them and some I delete because they just don't look good. But the ones that look yummy AND Grant friendly? Keepers. This recipe for Cheesy Chicken Casserole I saw in an e-mail and I made it the next night. It's a little bit like the Chicken Tetrazzini that I posted a while back. Nothing went to waste, it was super yum.


Cheesy Chicken Casserole
3 to 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
(you can use the meat from a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli)
1 (16 oz.) package egg noodles, cooked
1 (24 oz.) container light sour cream
2 cans Campbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz.) package shredded cheddar cheese
1 (8 oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
1/4 cup margarine, melted

  1. Combine chicken, noodles, sour cream, soup, and cheese in a large bowl.
  2. Pour into a 13" x 9" baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Mix together cracker crumbs and margarine and sprinkle over the top.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the crackers are golden brown.
Adapted from: myrecipes.com


Toddler tested. Toddler approved.
Notes/Suggestions:
  • My only real problem with this recipe was that it needed a vegetable added to it to make it feel like it was better for me. Only that didn't occur to me until we were eating it. Next time I'll probably add some broccoli and/or maybe some carrots because that's Grant's favorite veggie.
  • Reheats well for lunch the next day. And then for dinner again. It's kind of a huge casserole. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...