Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mama's Kitchen Helper

Anyone who has been in the kitchen with me knows it's difficult for me to relinquish even a little control over something I'm doing in there. But its worse when I'm baking. On Sunday, I got a wild hair and decided to bake some cake mix cookies to bring to work on Monday. And I decided I'd let Grant help with as much of the process as he could. I knew he'd have fun with it.



He got to add all the ingredients except the vanilla. And only spilled a little of the eggs. He even helped me portion out the dough on the baking sheet.



When he squeezed the trigger on the scoop and the dough popped out he said "Ka-chow!" (which is Lightning McQueen's catch phrase, just in case you have seen Cars or Cars 2 847 times like we have). He had a blast and was soooo proud of himself for putting the dough on the baking sheet.

I obviously did the stuff with oven but when the cookies cooled and it was time to frost, I let Grant have a go at that too.



He was surprisingly stingy and neat with the frosting. I had to coax him into putting more frosting on. After that it was huge mounds of frosting and Grant going "Ah! Look at the big mountain!" I think getting the frosting on his fingers was his favorite part.

Eventally we got them all frosted and turned into sandwiches, with one set aside so Grant could enjoy the fruits of his hard work. He was so proud of what we made together!


FYI: This time we used pink lemonade cake mix and pink lemonade frosting that I found at Target. It's a great summer time treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...