Friday, July 15, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies

I can't call this a new recipe but it's one that I really want to share because I love it. Easy and yummy and so many ways to change it up. I found the recipe right before Mother's Day from a Betty Crocker post on Facebook. That led me to this blogger who shared the recipe for cake mix cookies. When I saw the picture and the recipe I had to have them so they were part of our Mother's Day desserts. This past weekend I was really craving something cake-like but never got around to baking. Wednesday since I had the very few ingredients called for I decided to whip myself up a treat. I rarely ever bake "for me" so this was nice :)

Cake Mix Cookies 

1 box cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 can prepared frosting
*for the record I used Betty Crocker party chip cake mix and
 Betty Crocker party chip frosting
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, vanilla, and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
  • Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by slightly less than tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
  • Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
  • When cookies are cooled completely spread one cookie with frosting then top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Enjoy!

 
Mix the dough
 
Drop it on the cookie sheet (I used a cookie scoop)

Cookies may be a little difficult to remove


Mmmm...yummy :)


Notes/Suggestions: 
  • Although you may be tempted - because the cookies do stick to the sheet a little - do not grease the cookie sheet. I did it thinking "I always grease my cookie sheet" and I burned them. Don't do it!
  • So many flavor combos! I've also done red velvet cake mix with cream cheese frosting. Delicious! I think my next batch will be chocolate cake mix with peanut butter frosting for Husband. Lover of all things Choc & PB. (To make PB frosting just mix peanut butter into some vanilla frosting until it's as peanut buttery as you like it - easy peasy).
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...