Sunday, May 22, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Finally! Some time to post. I just wanted to share some pictures of my first Mother's day. It was a really great day...if you don't count Grant's continual bad mood. I won't dwell! So we woke up and my Sis cooked us all breakfast. She makes yummy omelets. Then she and I took Grant for a walk while Husband mowed the lawn. And then Husband's mom and stepdad came over for a cookout.

Flowers from Grant and Husband
 
Grant was very proud that he got me flowers
(and perhaps his only smile of the day)
 
Yummy start to the day

Grant sat with us for breakfast but required the
attention to be focused on him

Out for a walk with Auntie Shauna and Mama

Grant with one of my balloons from my Mother-In-Law
 
Grant with his Grandma
(and Grandma's jealout granddog Brodie)

We were aiming for a good picture but Mister Man refused to smile

Auntie Shauna gave Grant his dinner
  
I forgot to take a picture of our table covered with our feast but
I totally remembered to take one of dessert. Cake Mix Cookies that
I made and a yummy ice cream cake from my Mother-in-Law

Mmmmmint Chocolate Chip from Cold Stone Creamery. And a
solid chocolate Happy Mother's Day in the center. YUM!

My cards, flowers, and balloons

Poor little man was worn out. It's hard work maintaining
a pissy attitude all day. I know, I do it at the office.
 So my favorite picture from the whole day was one I took outside after dinner. I was trying to get a good picture of Grant's little outfit which was SO cute. He looked like a tiny man in it. The reason it's my favorite is because it sums up his attitude of the day perfectly (I really did have a great day, bad mood aside):

Happy Freakin' Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...