Monday, May 16, 2011

A Day at the Museum

Last weekend, as part of my Mother's Day I had wanted to do something as a family on Saturday since we were doing a cookout on Sunday. We were going to take my sister to a baseball game because that's something we'd all enjoy. Well, Grant's unpredictability sort of rained on our parade. I didn't want him to be up out that late with the chance of Husband and I getting no sleep that night (my sister always managed to sleep through Grant's sleepless nights). So instead I chose the Museum of Life and Science in Durham. We ended up having a really good time and hopefully if Shauna makes a visit next spring or summer we can do a baseball game then.

Grant put himself in charge of the map. He said
there wasn't much else he could do.

They pretty much encourage you to play with
everything. So Shauna and I took advantage of that.
 
And because Shauna and I kept running off to play,
Husband did a lot of the stroller pushing. He was a good sport.

There were some animals to see (Very well behaved animals. I may not be so forgiving if I had tiny children screaming in my ear all day...everyday).


 And then there was the...




They also had some wild animals.

There were also some wolves that I couldn't get a good picture of. A swamp area that had
turtles if you could spot them and oodles of tadpoles. They had lemurs too (not in the swamp).

Grant was really good that day and he seemed to have a pretty good time. And pretty much got picked up by Mommy any time he wanted (that always makes him happy).


Grant & Mommy

Since it was a warm day he spent a lot of time with his sippy cup.
 And there was also...

He wasn't really a fan. Mostly, I think, because we had to make him sit still.
That's not something he's good at these days. Shauna wasn't a fan either.
She described the ride as "The gayest thing" she's ever done. It was little silly.

We had a good day. Train ride aside. Honestly the best part was watching my sister publicly freak out in the building with all the bugs. I'm not saying bugs are my favorite...but she really freaked out. Especially when I pointed out the spiders - that were just hanging out in a tree. In the building. With no glass, netting, or protective anything around them.

There were also some exhibits inside the main building of the museum that I didn't take pictures of. Most of the stuff in there encouraged a lot of hands-on...well, let's face it. They wanted you to play with it so I sort of forgot about the camera. And by the time we left there it was time to go home. Grant was howling for a bottle shortly after we left but we still managed to pick up a pizza on the way. When we got home we ate until we were all in a food coma and were pretty much useless for the rest of the night. It was a good day :)

1 comment:

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...