Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Recipe: Cinnamon Roll Cake

When I bake, I rarely have a desire to eat what I bake. Unless it has cinnamon in it. Then I really don't want to share. But, considering the amount of butter in this recipe, I was willing to share. Every year we have a work conference. Everyone from our division gets together for presentations, division/department updates, and some general bitching about things they're unhappy with. I always try to make something to share and this year I made Cinnamon Roll Cake. There is always coffee in the morning so I figured this would be a yummy morning treat. And it was! I loved this recipe and I can't wait to make it again.


Cinnamon Roll Cake

Cake:
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
Topping:
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Glaze:
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 5 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
  2. In an electric or stand mixer add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into the prepared 9x13-inch baking pan.
  3. For topping, in a large bowl mix the 2 sticks of butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
  4. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
  5. FOR THE GLAZE: In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla together with a whisk. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe Source: Life as a Lofthouse

Notes/Suggestions:
  • The only thing I would have done differently with this cake would have been to eat a bigger piece :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...