|Looks yummy, doesn't it?|
Buffalo Chicken & Potato Casserole
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/3 c. Franks buffalo sauce
- 6 c. potatoes, grated w/ box grater
- 1 c. light ranch dressing
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and buffalo sauce. Spoon into baking dish in a single layer.
- In the same bowl, stir together potatoes, dressing, cheese, and soup. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle panko evenly over the top.
- Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink when center of thickest pieces are cut.
- For some reason the potatoes didn't cook completely for me. I did exactly as the recipe said and I grated fresh potatoes. If I try it again I may use frozen hash browns. The fresh ones were very wet and I felt like they made the potato mixture very soupy.
- I thought the light ranch made for a bad taste. Or maybe I needed to use a name brand ranch instead because I bought the store brand. I try not be a store brand snob because most of the time I find no difference in the store brand versus name brand but in some cases it does make a difference.
- This recipe could use more chicken. I used exactly the amount of chicken called for and it cooked just fine. But underneath all those potatoes it did seem to turn into a game of Find the Chicken.
- I firmly believe that this recipe needs bleu cheese. Somewhere. Crumbled or in dressing form. But it is a "buffalo chicken" recipe and it's begging for some bleu cheese.