Sunday, July 17, 2011

1st Birthday Cakes

The party planning has begun! As sad as I am that my little baby is going to be my little toddler I'm pretty excited to celebrate Grant's 1st birthday. I think the part of his party that I'm that most excited about is his birthday cake. I've made some 1st birthday cakes and they're always fun...but I can't wait to make my own baby's 1st birthday cake.

A birthday present cake and a little matching one for the birthday boy

Caterpillar cake (they used the head as the smash cake)

For a cupcake themed party - designed to match
 the birthday girl's bib (not my favorite one...I thought it was a little boring)
`
The Very Hungry Caterpillar! Those are cupcakes.

For a sports themed party

For a Halloween birthday boy

For a doggie themed party
 And, if I had to pick, I'd say this one is my favorite so far:



I had so much fun with these cakes. And I molded those animals myself!
So here I am planning my little guy's 1st birthday party. I've gone back and forth on several themes and I've finally settled on one. And it's permanent now because I've also ordered the invitations. And I've booked a place to have the party (because our house is way too small for even the smallest birthday party). We're having the party outside which in August is slightly insane, but it's only going to be a couple hours. And it's very near a playground. The bonus is that because we're using a park shelter there is so much less area to decorate. I feel like I've gotten the big stuff out of the way...except, of course, for making the birthday cake. I sort of have a picture in my head of what I want his cake to look like. I want to base it on the invitation and I'm hoping that he icing and decorations don't slide off of it in the heat.

 I'm trying very hard not to go overboard. It seems like so many kids birthday parties have gotten so out of control. I used to feel like it was a treat just to have an ice cream cake instead of a regular cake. But I also keep reminding myself that my first only turns 1 once, right? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...