Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baby Stuff Part 2

I've realized that I left some stuff off my list of baby stuff I love. In case anyone reading this happens to need some advice :) And there are some things that I have (or wanted) that I realized I never used or didn't need. So here is a continuation of my earlier post.

More stuff I love:

The Boppy Pillow! As much as I hated breastfeeding, I don't know that I could have done it without my boppy pillow. And now, even though I'm not breastfeeding I can still use it when I'm bottle feeding. It helps keep me and Grant comfortable for feeding time. I opted for the "Boppy Bare Naked" so I could buy a slipcover for it (pictured above) but they make them with prints already on them too. Bonus: you can also use it for "tummy time" and to help baby sit up.




Travel System! The one pictured above is the one we use (Alano Travel System by Graco - the print is called Little Wonders) but really I'd recommend just getting a travel system. I do love ours, though. This one came with a car seat base and the carrier snaps into it. The carrier also just snaps into the stroller (pic 1) which makes doing a lot of things much, much easier. There's a roomy basket on the bottom where we've stowed the diaper bag, shopping bags, coats, etc. There are also cup holders up top for Mommy & Daddy and down on the tray for Grant when he's old enough.

 

This is the Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair. This one I haven't really been able to use much but I will soon! Grant is going to start on rice cereal in a few weeks and I'm so excited to use the high chair. If you're lucky enough to have a large dining area then you are able to shop for a different type of chair. But we have a tiny kitchen with only a breakfast nook type area for a table (which has a dining room size table in it). This high chair is awesome because it attaches to one of your chairs. No extra space needed! It has 3 positions and even turns into a booster seat for big kids. Bonus: the tray is dishwasher safe.
Stuff I wanted but didn't need/use:


A swaddling blanket. This one is by Swaddle Me. The idea behind it is good. Grant loved to be swaddled. I wanted one because I thought swaddling was going to be hard to do. But they showed me in the hospital and I preferred my receiving blankets to this thing. Plus, I was told not to wrap Grant's arms when I swaddled him and the one time I tried to put him in the swaddler he screamed like I was shoving splinters under his fingernails. Not a fan.


A warmer for wipes. I had this on my registry but I removed it. Like with the swaddle blanket, the idea behind it is good. But when I thought about it how long are they going to stay warm? Evidently babies scream when I cold wet wipe touches their bum. News Flash: new babies scream - the end. I decided not to get it and I don't regret my decision. I'm pretty sure he got used to the cold wipes pretty fast and he doesn't react to them at all now.
That's all for now! Overall, I've been very happy with our baby stuff. Just because something isn't on these lists doesn't mean I don't love it. It just means that I don't remember that I have it. I was very forgetful when I was pregnant and I'm still waiting for my memory to come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...