Sunday, January 29, 2012

17 Months

17 Months Old - Taken yesterday while at the park for a walk
I feel like we have got a full-fledged toddler on our hands now. There is almost no trace of the baby I used to have. Grant is just such a big boy now.

He is talking more and more every day. It's all about the "truck" now. If there is a truck, Grant will find it and make you aware of it. And when he gets really excited it's a "big truck!" He says "Hi" all the time and now "bye-bye" to me every morning when Nate takes him to school. And that's how he says goodnight now too. He still says "Dada" a lot although he seems to be making the transition into "Daddy". But now I'm actually getting more "Mama"s out of him too and there's pretty much nothing I love hearing more than that. He says some other things too. He's much better at "thank you" but gets confused when I respond with "your welcome". "Ball" is something we here quite a bit and he's still working on Brodie's name. He's the "Br" part but when he tries to say it, it just sounds like "Bra". We're constantly trying to get him talking because it's just so cute to listen to him. It's more motivation to get rid of the pacifier - which we still have ups and downs with.

Husband got this sweatshirt for Grant around Christmas time but
he got it because he knew I'd love it. When I was a kid we used to
go on vacation in the Adirondack Mountains every summer.
Grant is still getting bitten at school although it hasn't happened as often as when he was first moved to the Toddler Room. Just this past week he was bitten on his forehead. I don't even know how that's possible but he came home with a big ol' bite mark right in the middle of his forehead. But maybe now he's getting used to the kids - and the pecking order - in the new room and it hopefully won't happen as much. So far Grant hasn't done anything, that we've been told about, to retaliate when he gets bitten.

I'm not sure what he's doing here but this picture cracks me up!
Grant is pretty much in the middle of everything. He is so curious. He loves to help unload the dishwasher and gets a little upset if he's in his highchair and I unload it by myself. He loves to be in the kitchen when I'm cooking and gets very excited when I let him help me stir what's on the stove. And if his Daddy is doing anything then he wants to stand there and watch (and try his very best to help).

I'm thinking there isn't much more to my monthly update. The talking is the biggest thing right now and he gets better and better at it every day. He's just doing so much growing up. Yesterday when we were at the park he climbed the slide - the big slide - all by himself (Ok, I was holding my hand behind him) and then went down all by himself. There really just doesn't seem to be any baby left in him. My tiny baby is all gone and has been replaced a by a sweet, adorable, stubborn, smart (sometimes too smart), very hard-headed, talkative toddler who can be very cuddly when he's tired...unless he's throwing a fit because he's tired. Then he's not cuddly at all. As a matter of fact, if you try to cuddle him at that point he'll let you know exactly how he feels about that.

But look at that face!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...