Saturday, January 21, 2012

Boys Just Want to Have Fun

Like many others, I had this past Monday off from work. And I did something I never do. Even though I had the day off, I sent Grant to day care. I know, I'm a terrible mother. In my defense - these meds they have me on make me feel super wired and I was on a mission to get stuff done. I knew he'd have much more fun at day care with his friends than he would have with me at home trying to check off my to-do list and play with Grant.

So when Grant got home I was hit with an enormous guilt trip over not spending the day with him when I could have. And at that point it was too dark (and cold) to take him to a playground. But it had been laundry day. And Grant's crib mattress was still stripped and pulled out of his crib. So I put the mattress in the living room and let Grant experience just how much fun can be had on laundry day :)


He had a blast. If you've got the volume turned up then you could hear him wheezing from playing so hard. It was so much fun to watch him play like that. And the look on his face was nothing short of absolute happiness. Sometimes I would put a blanket under him and help him use the mattress as a slide but for the most part he just want to play on it (as you can see). It's the sort of indoor fun my sister and I used to have when we were little and I think kids just need to do stuff like this. I'll definitely be keeping this one in my back pocket for the next time Grant seems bored with the one million toys that are cluttered around our living room or we need some rainy day fun.

Lesson learned: I let him play too hard too close to bed time and that made for a rough night for all. Less rough for Grant since from 8-5 the next day he was in a place where he can lay down and take a nap at will. Not so much for Mama and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...