Friday, June 24, 2011

New Recipe: Oreo & Fudge Ice Cream Cake

I decided to try another new recipe for our Father's Day cookout. Husband is not a big fan of ice cream cake. This I do not, and never will, understand. I loooove ice cream cake. It's my favorite kind of cake :) Since it was going to be a warm day I was on the hunt for a cool dessert. I remembered a recipe that I'd seen years ago in a Kraft Food & Family magazine (love that magazine, by the way!). It's called Oreo & Fudge Ice Cream Cake (click it for recipe - there's even a how to video if my pictures don't do it for you). How much easier does it get than an ice cream cake made with ice cream sandwiches??

Ingredients

Mix up your "filling"

Assemble your layers, wrap it, and stick it in the freezer.
When it's been in the freezer long enough to set, take it out and put it on a serving plate. Spread on the rest of the whipped cream and I threw a couple of crushed Oreos on top to make it pretty. Then cover it up and stick it back in the freezer until you're ready to serve it. 
Looky there! A homemade ice cream cake!

Notes/Suggestions:
  • You could mix it up a little bit if you wanted a different flavor. I want to try to make it with the birthday cake ice cream sandwiches. And use caramel in the filling instead of fudge and vanilla pudding instead of chocolate. And maybe the vanilla Oreos in place of the regular ones. YUM.
  • No need to let it sit before serving. It cuts great straight from the freezer.
  • If you can find reduced fat sandwiches that come in boxes of 12 you could do a lower fat version. Using reduced fat Oreos and light or fat free whipped cream.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...