Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sugar and Spice

A very good friend of mine, Jen, is having a baby girl and I could not be more excited for her! Because she lives back home I won't be able to attend her baby shower. But I did get to make sugar cookie favors for the occasion! I adore sugar cookies as party favors and I love making them. Well, that's not quite right. As with any cake/cookie item I make it's truly the decorating that I love to do. I'd like to skip the baking and frosting making and get right to the decorating part of it. So, her shower is this Sunday and I hope she has a great time and gets lots of things she needs for her little princess that we are all so excited to meet! (By the way, these aren't great pictures because I had to take them with my phone. The batteries in our camera died last weekend and I can never remember to get more. To use the camera I'd have to steal batteries from baby toys and I haven't resorted to that yet.)

You have no idea (or maybe you do) how hard it is to decorate these cookies
while having to smell them the whole time. They smell so good!
 
I packaged them individually and even found "It's a Girl"
ribbon to tie them with :)



I made a special cookie just for the Mommy-to-be. Each
petal is a separate cookie attached with icing. It weighs a ton!
  This isn't the first time I've made cookies for Jen...but I didn't have to make as many this time! I also made wedding cake shaped cookie favors for her wedding in September of 2009. That time I had to make roughly 175 cookies. And to this day I have no idea how I managed to do that in my tiny kitchen. (Although my friend Elizabeth did sacrifice a weekend afternoon to come help me decorate!)

 
My dining room table turned cookie decorating workspace!

A few of cookies all packaged up
 
One of my cookies in action

By the way, I was forced to eat a few of my mistakes (I had to experiment with the "message" on the cookie). I like when I make tasty mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...