Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bye-Bye 2010!

I can't say that I'm sad to see this year go. We have, as I've said in past posts, had as much sadness this year as we've had happiness. But I won't dwell too much on that! I'm happy to welcome 2011 because I think it's going to bring good things!

A look back at our 2010:

On January 19th we got our first look at our new addition.



On April 1st we found out our new addition
was a little boy
 
On May 21st we lost my mother to cancer
(pictured above with me when I was little and then dancing with me at my wedding)



On August 26th our little man Grant Jay made his debut





We celebrated our first Halloween, Thanksgiving,
and Christmas as a family

My goals for the new year:
  • Become a "stay-at-home mom" for Grant.
  • Find a good doctor so I can get regular check-ups and stay healthy (recommendations are welcome but if I hate the doctor I will blame you - I'm picky).
  • Make more time to play with Grant.
  • Get a hair cut! (Looking for a new place - again recommendations are welcome...and again with the blaming thing)
  • Clear off the dining room table - and keep it clean - so we can have family dinners. No TV, no computer, just us and our good company!
  • Try at least two new recipes each month (dinner, dessert, breakfast...doesn't matter as long as it's new)
What I'm looking forward to:
  • Planning a 1st birthday party! This is tops on my list. I've made quite a few 1st birthday cakes (check out some of my cakes here) but I'm finally going to make one for my own child! So I'm really looking forward to that.
  • More of Grant's milestones: crawling, sitting up, walking, talking
  • Hopefully, a visit to NY to show off our cute baby boy to any family and friends who haven't been able to meet him yet.
  • Our first Mother's and Father's days.
  • A better year.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...