Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Recipe: Lemon-Herb Roasted Salmon

This past Wednesday night I decided to try my first new recipe for March. Nate and I love salmon so when I saw this recipe on the blog Quit Eating Out I got very excited to try it. The recipe is posted there and she also has some follow up posts with recipes for the sides she served with it (asparagus risotto and Caesar salad). So, here is my attempt at Kim's Lemon-Herb Roasted Salmon - it was delicious by the way (the link is above in case you didn't catch it).


I forgot to take a picture of all the ingredients together but this was some pretty salmon - after I cut the fin off of one piece. The child who worked at the seafood counter at Lowe's gave me two different size pieces. Genius. So I had to cook the second piece a little longer. But it was ok, we both shared one piece.

Lemon herb mixture and the garlic I used. Garlic in a tube! So convenient and non-messy.

Mmmm...it was really good. Nice lemony flavor.
 
I decided to serve mine with some rice and frozen corn. For the rice I made a "sauce" out of almost everything in my kitchen: Philadelphia cooking creme (love that stuff), milk, chicken broth, garlic powder, salt & pepper, etc. 

Notes/Suggestions:
  • Great easy, weeknight meal and healthy too.
  • I left out the fresh thyme and oregano. I don't like oregano and the grocery store was out of fresh thyme. I figured the garlic and lemon would provide enough flavor. They did.
  • My leftovers warmed up wonderfully for lunch the next day :)
  • I wasn't sure how many lemons would make 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice so I bought one big one and it was enough. I even managed to squeeze out some more when I spilled some. FYI, zest the lemon before you squeeze it.
  • I imagine you could serve this with just about anything as a side.
I hope any salmon lovers out there who decide to try this enjoy it! And check out Quit Eating Out! She posts some great recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...