|Ingredients. I've never put some of this stuff in Mac & Cheese but I was willing to try it.|
|Boil & drain the noodles|
|Making the sauce (this is right after I added the cream cheese - |
cream cheese in Mac & Cheese? How can that be bad??)
|Add the garlic and Worcestershire sauce|
|Add the cheese|
|Oh so cheesy!|
|I served it with some frozen chicken tenders which were incredibly disappointing. Do not buy Perdue frozen chicken tenders. "Made with all white meat chicken" my butt. They were gross.|
- You can use pre-shredded cheese but I prefer to buy the cheese in a brick and shred it myself. I think the pre-shredded cheese too dry and loses some of it's flavor.
- I used WAY more cheese than the recipe called for. It called for 1 1/4 cup so I went ahead and used 2 cups. Husband tasted it and said it needed more cheese...so I added 2 more cups. Yeah, I know...so what! But I suggest starting with what the amount of cheese called for and adding what you like.
- This recipe was super easy! Great for a weeknight. And because it's stove-top it's great if your meat dish or main dish has to cook in the oven.
- Experiment with the noodles! I plan to make it again and I think I'm going to use a different kind of noodle. Doesn't mac & cheese taste better when you have fun noodles?
- The recipe calls for the 1/3 less fat cream cheese but I had 2 packages of the regular stuff in my fridge. Of course it was yummy but next time I'll use the low fat stuff.