Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 7 - Top Five Favorite Historical Figures

Ok,so I guess I'm just destined to be a day behind with this challenge. And this is a weird one for me. Maybe not for everybody, but it is for me. I don't have "favorites" of things like this. I asked my sister to name some people to help my list so some of these are ones she came up with that I find interesting (in no particular order).

1. George Washington - A couple years ago, I took my sister to a museum here to see an exhibit about George Washington. She was super jazzed about it. I'm not joking. Excitement was oozing from her pores. I was impressed that she was so into it. Do you know what she told me? "They have his teeth here! All I really wanna see his teeth!" I'm not kidding. Walking through the exhibit she kept asking me when we were going to see the teeth. And then she just about trampled me and the stroller I was pushing when she locked her eyes on them. It was probably one of the best days of her life.

Yum.
2. JFK - This is not for any political reasons. I recently read a book written by some former Secret Service agents that were on Kennedy's detail as well as some members of his family. It was a really interesting book and made me look at him differently. But I've always found that bit of history interesting.

3. The Titanic - perhaps not a historical "figure" really, but kind of? I've been a Titanic buff since long before Leo and Kate were drawing nudie pictures in a first class stateroom. I watched a National Geographic special about it with my Dad when I was a little kid and I've been into it ever since.

This made me laugh inappropriately loud.
4. Princess Diana...and the rest of the royal family - Yup, I'm one of those people. I watch all the specials and made for TV movies and read the news blurbs about them. I even like the conspiracy theories. I've got a bit of an obsession. I DVR'd I don't know many hours of William & Kate's wedding last year and very reluctantly deleted the post-wedding coverage when Husband said for the millionth time "Are you going to watch this crap or can we get rid of it?" I have a bit of a problem but it's ok if I admit, right?

5. Walt Disney - my sister picked this one. And I needed something for number five. Plus, I've been to Disneyworld and I liked it so I'm good with this pick. I want to go back to Disneyworld someday. But that will have to be after I have Husband brainwashed into believing that it's fun. He did not find it to be the happiest place on earth. We actually bought him a Grumpy coffee mug as a souvenir because that's what he was 92% of the time we were in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...