Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Recipe: Orange Cream Pops

So this is a new recipe that I meant to post about two weeks ago, when I actually tried it. Oh well. I bought some popsicle molds when I ordered some stuff for Grant's Easter basket. I remember making popsicles out of kool-aid when I was a kid which got me thinking about making a yummy cool treat (maybe sometimes healthy?) for Grant. I came across this recipe on Pinterest and made it my first popsicle project. I'll post the original recipe below and the changes I made in my comments.

Orange Cream Pops

Ingredients
  • 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 10 plastic cups or popsicle molds (3 ounces each)
  • 10 popsicle sticks
Directions
  • In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool to room temperature. Stir in the yogurt, milk and vanilla. Pour 1/4 cup into each cup or mold; insert popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home

Mix up the stuff

Pour it in the molds and then stick 'em in the freezer. I did mine late
at night so they didn't get eaten until the next night.

Out of the freezer! My first popsicles! The suspense is killing me!

Oops. A little harder to unmold than I
had anticipated.

Issues with the mold aside, what did the intended recipient think?

He liked it.
Notes/Suggestions:
  • Obviously I didn't use the molds/cups called for in the recipe. My molds, I think, are about 5 ounces and there are 6 of them. If you're interested, these are the molds that I ordered: Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Molds (yellow). They're good, sturdy molds.
  • We don't keep 2% milk in the house. We drink skim and Grant drinks whole milk so I used a mix of the two. But I don't think it really matters which type of milk you use. Also, the recipe didn't specify, so I used low-fat vanilla yogurt.
  • You could really use any flavor of Jello in this recipe as long as it would taste good with a creamy texture. Strawberry or lemon maybe?
Anybody have some other popsicle recipes to share? I plan to try lots more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...