Orange Cream Pops
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 plastic cups or popsicle molds (3 ounces each)
- 10 popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool to room temperature. Stir in the yogurt, milk and vanilla. Pour 1/4 cup into each cup or mold; insert popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm.
|Mix up the stuff|
|Pour it in the molds and then stick 'em in the freezer. I did mine late|
at night so they didn't get eaten until the next night.
|Out of the freezer! My first popsicles! The suspense is killing me!|
|Oops. A little harder to unmold than I |
Issues with the mold aside, what did the intended recipient think?
|He liked it.|
- Obviously I didn't use the molds/cups called for in the recipe. My molds, I think, are about 5 ounces and there are 6 of them. If you're interested, these are the molds that I ordered: Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Molds (yellow). They're good, sturdy molds.
- We don't keep 2% milk in the house. We drink skim and Grant drinks whole milk so I used a mix of the two. But I don't think it really matters which type of milk you use. Also, the recipe didn't specify, so I used low-fat vanilla yogurt.
- You could really use any flavor of Jello in this recipe as long as it would taste good with a creamy texture. Strawberry or lemon maybe?
Anybody have some other popsicle recipes to share? I plan to try lots more!