Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 2 - Top Five Favorite Books

  1. Anything in the Inspector Lynley series by Elizabeth George. I've read them all and I love love love all the characters. She just came out with a new one not long ago and I'm holding off on reading it because then it won't seem like so long until the next one comes out. 
    A few of the Elizabeth George books. Stolen from
    last year's 30 day challenge.
    
  2. Phantom by Susan Kay. I've read this several times. Its is a different take on the original Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (which I also loved).
  3. Dancehall by Bernard F. Conners. I'm actually re-reading this one right now. I bought it on a day trip to Lake Placid a few years ago. Part of the book is set in Lake Placid and it's based on a true story. I think it would make a good movie too.
  4. The Harry Potter series. Who that has read the HP books didn't love them? I was very reluctant to read them because of how popular they were. But I found myself in need of reading material and decided "What the hell, I'll give Harry Potter a try" and I loved them. And I know I'll read them again sometime.
  5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I was a little later than most reading this one too. I kept seeing it everywhere but never paid much attention to it until I saw the commercials for the movie. I'm so so glad I read it because it was a really great book. And the movie was shockingly good - and accurate - too.

It was tough to pick just five. I loooove to read and wish I had more time to do it. But less time to read makes me appreciate the times that I do get peace and quiet to sit down with some coffee or tea and a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...