Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 11 - A Picture of Something You Hate

Who didn't see this coming?


I can not stand jello. It doesn't matter what flavor, I hate it. All of it. There is never room for jello. Nastiness! Just watching it jiggle makes me gag and if it actually goes in my mouth, I promise you I will vomit. I do not know how people eat it. And those congealed salads that are made from jello? Ugh. Just saying the word "congealed" makes my stomach tighten. Could that seriously sound any less appetizing? No congealed salad for me, thanks. I remember when my Mom figured out how to make jello jigglers. Does anyone remember those? Ugh. She thought they were so cute. Jello jigglers. I'm picturing it and I'm gagging. Nope, I can't do it. People keep telling me that someday I'll have to eat it. Or I'll have to make it for Grant and watch him eat it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that day never comes.

FYI: Runner up for this post?

I hate Walmart. I dread going in there and generally it is only out of desperation. I don't hate it for the same reasons that you hear other people say they hate it. I've heard people say they don't shop there because of how the company treats it's employees and so on. Perhaps it sounds heartless, but I don't care about that. It can't be all that bad since they're taking over the world, right? No, my reason is simple. People transform when they enter Walmart. They lose every ounce of politeness in there. It's like they shed their manners at the door. You walk through those automated doors, past the 107 year old greeter, and into a world of shopping cart drag racing, tug-o-wars over the last remaining Tickle Me Elmo, and a meat section that scares the crap out of you because you wonder if that package of chicken you're looking at was in someone's cart and then they decided they couldn't afford that AND pork rinds so they left that chicken somewhere in the automotive section. I don't like Walmart and I try very hard to stay away. The problem with Walmart? Sometimes I don't want to go to three different stores to get what I need. So I go there...and ruin my day.

1 comment:

  1. awesome. The jello thing may qualify you for some sort of 'home', but the walmart thing...I'm with you. I NEVER go in there...im not allowed. Ever since I got all crazy and layed down in the dog food isle and screamed 'he's so cuuuuuute!!!" about us adopting Sam soon, I have been banished by wife. But a few weeks ago, I had to go in there for like 4 items. Not 5 minutes in and two women completely blocked the isle with their carts and just wandered. I was standing there like "ummmmmmmmm?" and finally one moved out of the way with a half-assed 'oh ...sorry'. I came home and hugged and kissed my wife and thanked her for doing the shopping most times...each trip is worth three vaccumings of the house. I love how 'the walmart shuffle' is a real thing. God bless em all!
    grumpy Mcimpatient pants

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...