Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 23 - A Picture of Your Favorite Book

If I have to pick, my favorite books are by Elizabeth George. I found her by accident years ago and I am completely hooked on her Inspector Lynley series. I absolutely love all the characters. When I finish a book and begin the long wait for the next one...I kinda miss them.

All of my Elizabeth George paperbacks plus the new one I'm reading now.

And the hardcover ones I have that I forgot when I took the picture above.

Also the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon should go on the list. This series was recommended to me quite a while ago and I was reluctant to try them because they're classified as "romance novels". Just not the kind that have Fabio on the cover. I have no other romance novel experience to compare these books to but I can see why they'd classify them that way. They are quite...umm...shall we say, grown up? But aside from the steamy love scenes they really do have a very interesting, slightly sci-fi, story to them. And if you can get past the first 100 pages or so of the first book they get really good.


I have all of them. For a while I was getting them from the library until I decided they
 were books that I will probably read again. The green one is her most recent and even
though I bought it in August I haven't read it yet. It's also quite a large book with a
cheap Kindle edition...so I'm probably gonna buy that.
 Honorable mention:

After I fell in love with The Phantom of the Opera musical I decided to read the book and I loved it.
 Very sad but I do love the story. The other book, Phantom (by Susan Kay), my Aunt picked up at
a garage sale thinking I might like it. I loved it too and have read it several times.
Also I should mention that I rebelled against the popularity of the Harry Potter books until I finally gave in about two years ago just to see what all the hype was about. Loved those too!

1 comment:

  1. I will bet 100 dollars that nate hates that you read the Gabaldon books. I can imagine the awesome digs he dishes about them. LOL. He cracks me up. I love when he picks on you about stuff! I wish he would do a blog like this! Ice dancers unite!!

    darky McAfropants

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...