|Marinate the chicken|
|Mix the cooking creme and milk|
|Add the potatoes, broccoli, and some of the cheese to the mixture|
|Spoon it into a 9 x 13 casserole dish coated with non-stick spray|
|Put the marinated chicken on top (throw away the marinate)|
|Cover and bake!|
|Garnish with cheese at 45 minutes and return to oven (uncovered)|
|Mmmm...who's ready for dinner?|
- I used 1.5 lbs. of chicken tenders instead of the 1 lb of chicken breasts called for in the recipe. I feel like I eat a smaller portion when the pieces of chicken are smaller and there also seems to be more left overs (lunch - yum!). The thin sliced chicken breasts work well also if you're trying to control your portion size.
- I only marinated the chicken for 20 minutes because I was impatient and starving. I just couldn't wait another 10 minutes. I thought the chicken tasted great and was very tender but hopefully next time I can wait the full 30 minutes.
- I microwaved the broccoli for a few minutes (since it was the steam fresh kind) because I'm not into super crunchy broccoli. I also gave it a quick chop before adding it to the potatoes so it would be more bite sized. You don't have to, but I liked it.
- I couldn't find the specific cheese called for in the recipe so I just used a store brand cheddar cheese. I don't think it made a difference in the taste (and it was cheaper).
- This smelled amazing while it was cooking and I will totally make it again! (Plus it reheated well today for lunch!)