Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Recipe: Chicken, Broccoli & Potato Divan

Finally a new recipe! I haven't had much time to recipe hunt so last night I went with yet another recipe using the Philadelphia Cooking Creme. Man I love that stuff! I'm trying to broaden my horizons in the dinner department...hence the reason for trying at least two new recipes each month. This one isn't too far outside the box for me...but at least it has a vegetable in it. I'm trying to work on that too. I feel like I can say this because I didn't invent the recipe: YUM! This was delicious. And so easy. None of the ingredients had to be cooked before going into the casserole pan which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner. The recipe can be found HERE.


Ingredients!

Marinate the chicken

Mix the cooking creme and milk

Add the potatoes, broccoli, and some of the cheese to the mixture
 
Spoon it into a 9 x 13 casserole dish coated with non-stick spray

Put the marinated chicken on top (throw away the marinate)

Cover and bake!
 
Garnish with cheese at 45 minutes and return to oven (uncovered)

Mmmm...who's ready for dinner?

Notes/Suggestions:
  • I used 1.5 lbs. of chicken tenders instead of the 1 lb of chicken breasts called for in the recipe. I feel like I eat a smaller portion when the pieces of chicken are smaller and there also seems to be more left overs (lunch - yum!). The thin sliced chicken breasts work well also if you're trying to control your portion size.
  • I only marinated the chicken for 20 minutes because I was impatient and starving. I just couldn't wait another 10 minutes. I thought the chicken tasted great and was very tender but hopefully next time I can wait the full 30 minutes.
  • I microwaved the broccoli for a few minutes (since it was the steam fresh kind) because I'm not into super crunchy broccoli. I also gave it a quick chop before adding it to the potatoes so it would be more bite sized. You don't have to, but I liked it.
  • I couldn't find the specific cheese called for in the recipe so I just used a store brand cheddar cheese. I don't think it made a difference in the taste (and it was cheaper).
  • This smelled amazing while it was cooking and I will totally make it again! (Plus it reheated well today for lunch!)
I hope if anyone decides to make this that you enjoy it! You can check out the other recipes I've made using the Philly Cooking Creme HERE and HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...