Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 9 - A Picture of the Person Who Has Gotten You Through the Most


Husband

Me & Sis
 
And let's not forget the Munchkin :)

I had someone tell me recently that they don't know how I've gotten through what I've been through in the past year. Well, the answer is you just do. You have good days and bad days. But it helps when you have a good support system. I could post other pictures of people too. 


Aunt Bonnie

AJ

You need family when bad things happen and I have a great one. Husband has been really understanding about the times when I needed to go home. Even when it means that we have to spend holidays apart because I needed to go home for Christmas. But he also knows that when I get "one of those" phone calls that I have to go. And he knows I need him with me. My sister and I have been each others sounding boards, I guess that's what you'd call it. I listen to her and she listens to me. Grant always gives me something to look forward to when I'm going through my bad days. Aunt Bonnie not only took care of my parents (managed their finances, made and took them to doctors appointments, cooked for them, got their medicine, etc.) but she's still taking care of my sister and I. We would be lost in all this legal stuff going on but she's helping out and that takes a lot of stress out. AJ's been great with emotional support and it seems like we can read each others minds. Generally what one of us isn't sure about saying out loud...the other one will. Although I think as people get older they lose more and more of their ability to filter what comes out of their mouth. It makes life interesting.

There's lots more stuff I could write. About a lot more people. Like AJ's wife, Melanie, who was always at the house to help. When my Mom was home on hospice Melanie must have been cooking the entire time because she was always bringing yummy food over to the house for us. And she surprised me by joining in on some *ahem* discussions about something interesting things that I will refrain from getting into. But I wish I could. All I have to say is: Have you ever met someone who eats breakfast in the bathroom? Well, some of us have. Humor goes a long way in helping you heal too.

P.S. I picked that picture of Husband because today is the last day of the regular season for hockey and it's a BIG day. Will the Rangers lose this afternoon and get the Hurricanes into the playoffs? Will the Rangers win and push the Canes into a must-win situation tonight? Who knows. But since we're heading out this evening to the Hurricanes game and we're hoping for a celebration!

1 comment:

  1. awww. thanks for the mention tara. we sure have been through some shit storms recently, and I just really hope to be there for you and goo. Husband is cool by the way. I've always liked him. Ya dun good with that un. Funny how we're adults now. When we were little we thought our parents were adults and had it all figured out....truth is, no one does. Worse truth is...Grant will think that pretty soon.
    "oh she's mom....she's got it all sorted out and under control" HA!!! can you imagine. We just kinda make it up as we go, let's be honest.
    But just rememeber, we live in a world where a figures skater can soar on the hockey rink, and people like Shauna get put in charge of other people! LOL
    tickled mcgratefulpants

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...