Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 22 - A Picture Of Something You Wish You Were Better At

I wish I could be better at:

Sewing

Crocheting

And I'd like to give that whole knitting thing a try

How very Martha Stewart of me, eh? I did state in an earlier post that I'm a closet Martha fan. Now, when I say that I'd like to be better at sewing I don't mean just sewing in general. I can sew a button back on and I can fix a hole in some pants. When I say that I'd like to be better at sewing I mean that I want to get a sewing machine and actually learn how to use it. And then sew some of those really cute crafts that Martha sends me because - and I'm asking you not to judge me here - I subscribe to her Craft of the Day e-mails. And I've deleted a lot of them because they definitely require a sewing machine and certain level of sewing skill. Neither of which I possess.

When I say that I'd like to be better at crocheting I mean that I'd like to actually learn. I tried once and that lasted about 10 minutes. But my mother-in-law has offered to teach me and I think I'm going to take her up on it. I'm not going to have such high expectations that I think I'll be making a blanket anytime soon. But I'd at least like to make a purdy scarf or two by the time they are necessary. As far as knitting goes, well...I've never tried. So I can't say that I'd like to be better at it. But I'd like to try! Maybe if I can get the hang of crocheting then I can try my hand at knitting. We shall see.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...